Monday, 4 January 2016

Lightbox Exhibition Press Article #1

I was so pleased to find out that my work from my previous project had been one of the chosen pieces to go into an exhibition in the Lightbox gallery in Woking. It is an exhibition consisting of work from BA and MFA Photography students at UCA Farnham, and along with some of my fellow peers, my work will be on show from 7th January which I am extremely excited for.
The image that was chosen to be shown is this one:
Something that I’ve been thinking about doing is sending my image to some galleries or press in order to try and raise awareness on beauty standards in the media and challenge it with my image. So the fact that this image of myself will be in a gallery and there is a chance that press will be reviewing the show is amazing and I really hope that it’s an image that people enjoy. 

During the christmas break it was posted online, our first review of the gallery images. They reviewed the show in general and then chose a couple to talk about in some more detail and I was absolutely honoured that my photo was chosen to go on the blog page. 


No comments:

Post a Comment