Friday, 11 March 2016

David Moore Tutorial

I signed up for a tutorial with David Moore as I feel that I needed some help with how to display my finals.

There was something about my images that I wasn't sure on and I felt that it was just a bit boring. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I know that David is very straight forward when it comes to peoples work and although he's always been great about my work in the past, there was a part of me that was a little scared, because if he turned around and said he didn't like it now, I would have felt crushed as there is no way I can change my ideas now.

To my surprise David was so complimentary and even said 'I want to say come and study with me but I don't even know what I'll be doing in a years time' He suggested, if I did consider doing a post grad that I should think about doing Fine Art.

He said he thinks my work could be 'revolutionary' which just shocked me.

I showed him my images and my live stream video and he straight away said that he felt I should have one large image of me before the handprints and thats it. Along with a monitor with my live stream. There was something about this I really liked. The beauty of me shooting on the hasselblad is that I can print huge. 

This is now something I will experiment with on my planning towards the exhibition.

David also gave me some references to look at which was so helpful because I hadn't really looked into the fine artists or the performance artists yet.

To research: 
- Marina Abramovic
- Nam June Paik
- Yoko Ono
- Participating Art
- Artificial Hells - Claire Bishop
- Tino Sehgal
- Interaction

No comments:

Post a Comment