Tuesday, 5 April 2016

3D Instal Plan


I'm Fine

For my instal plan. I created a 3D version in photoshop to show how it would look in a gallery space. It is a compact piece and it is less photography than most pieces. 

Because of how my back is, my height is a lot smaller than most people. I measured myself and I am 54 inches tall. I wanted to have my print life size so I gave a bit more measurement to allow for the excess space on the image. So in CM the height would be 152.4cm. The width does not really matter it is the height that is important, so I resized my image to the right height and the auto measurement it gave me for width was 102cm.

For the text I would like to use vinyl lettering, if this is not possible then maybe creative a large print to stick to the wall will work also. But my personal preference would be to have the lettering in vinyl. Again for the text the height is the most important thing, I would like it to all be level so it needs to be the same height as the photograph. When we find out the actual size of wall we will have in our end of year show I can make sure that the text is the right width.

On top of the wall with the text I would like to have a tv central. Preferable a smaller tv. Not a long wide screen tv as this will take up too much room and may block out too much text. On the TV will be a DVD playing which is provided in my portfolio box, the DVD is of the live stream I recorded when I did my second shoot. This will be played on a loop so that everyone can watch it. It is not something people will stand and watch all of as it is a slow moving video because there are gaps where it is just me stood still waiting for someone to put their handprint on me but it just adds to the effect that you are watching something happen live.

The reason there is a gap at the top of the wall is because I want my images to be lower. I want them to represent me and my height. Usually when you go to galleries the images are set to a standard height of the average person. This does not work when it comes to people with disabilities, especially people in wheelchairs which is something I struggle with. Even just being so small I have to sometimes look up at the images, so by me putting my images lower I am reversing the roles. The able bodied and non disabled will have to see things from my perspective and will look down at the images just as people look down when they speak to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment